From January 2012, any inbound foreign visitor of age 17 or older entering Republic of Korea (herein after Korea) through any port or airport in Korea is required to go through a mandatory fingerprint and facial recognition registration process. The mandatory information registration process is waived for the following persons: foreign government officials and international organization representatives, as well as their family members; and visitors with an official invitation from the central government of Korea.
Wait at the Immigration Clearance Counter for Foreigners → Submit arrival card and passport to immigration officer → Immigration clearance complete
Automated Immigration System (Smart Entry Service) Registration & Clearance Procedure
* Applicable to non-Korean nationals of age 17 and older
- Registration Procedure: Bring your passport → Visit the Auto-immigration Registration Center → Register your signature and fingerprint, and take a photo for facial recognition → Registration complete
- Auto-Immigration Registration Center Location: Across from Check-in Counter F (next to Departure Area 3) on 3F Passenger Terminal 1 and at Comprehensive Government Administration Center Entry and Exit Management Center on 2F Passenger Terminal 2 within Incheon International Airport
- Auto-Immigration Registration Center operating hours: 07:00-19:00 / Open all year round
- Automated Immigration Clearance Procedure: Scan your passport → Enter the auto-gate → Place your registered finger on the scanner for identification → Look at the camera for facial recognition → Immigration clearance complete
You can expedite your arrival process by completing the required forms handed out by the flight attendants during your flight.
1. Arrival Card
Visitors entering Korea are required to submit an arrival card. Foreigners staying for more than 90 days and have completed registration with the Korea Immigration Service are not required to submit arrival cards.
2. Customs Declaration Form
All visitors entering Korea are required to fill out a customs declaration form. Individual travelers are required to fill out one form each, while only one form per family is required when traveling with families.
3. Quarantine Questionnaire
Passengers who have been to countries that have had reported outbreaks of cholera, yellow fever, or pests must fill out a quarantine questionnaire form.
For More Info on Immigration
- Incheon International Airport Immigration Guide: www.airport.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
- Korea Immigration Service website: www.immigration.go.kr (Korean, English)
- Korea Customs Service website: www.customs.go.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish)
This page was last updated on April 09, 2018, and therefore information may differ from what is presented here.