Samcheong-dong is the neighborhood located northeast of Gyeongbokgung Palace, and its main road has become a representative cultural street of Seoul due to the many cafés, galleries, and unique restaurants.
Enter any one of the countless cafés lining the street that draw your fancy to take in the ambience of Samcheong-dong over a cup of coffee. We recommend getting a window seat or a table on the terrace to enjoy the active street scene.
Within walking distance to Samcheong-dong is Bukchon Hanok Village, a well-established community of traditional houses that are still lived in today.
Tourists are advised to take special precautions to control noise level and avoid littering in respect of the residents who live in the neighborhood.
Wandering through the streets and many connecting alleyways, you can find plenty of things to see, from craft workshops and museums of all themes to perfect photo spots.
* 10 dollar budget for Samcheongdong-gil Road & Bukchon Hanok Village!
Samcheong-dong café 5,000~7,000 won + museum admission 3,000~5,000 won
- - Address: Area of Samcheong-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul (서울시 종로구 삼청로 일대)
- - Directions: Anguk Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 1. Walk approx. 15min.
- ☞ Bukchon Hanok Village
- - Address: 37, Gyedong-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 종로구 계동길 37)
- - Directions: Anguk Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 2. Walk approx. 10min.
Cover image: Bukchon Hanok Village & Samcheong-dong